Sunday, November 29, 2020

Episode #62: Sharpening The Focus & The Focus Is Becoming Sharper

Banks Corner Park, Newington CT
Yeah, having another one of those weeks where post title originality is not a doable commodity. On one hand, I'm maddeningly consistent about my post titles making absolutely no sense whatsoever {since 2008, which is about 12 years, give or take}; and on the other hand, I'm maddeningly consistent about making sure that my posts have at least one point contained within, even if it takes a while to deduce what that point may be.

Since the intended goal in this particular post is to make the point as obvious as possible, we shall get to it.

We're finishing up the month of November in style, which is to say that we're settling into retirement quite nicely. I've gotten all my ducklings in a zig-zaggish kind of a row and now I'm simply waiting to see my doctor the 1st week of December so that I can get the actual ball rolling on everything {I have a concrete deadline of February 2021 to get all the pertinent medical records in}. I got a temporary routine done of goofing on my computer for a few hours in the a.m., then do an early morning walk that knocks off about 75% of my step quota, which is then followed by lunch, running what few errands that I deem necessary to my day, which is then followed by another walk, goofing on the computer or YouTube {yah, I know, major time vacuum} until bedtime. Rinse, lather, repeat.

The reason as to why I say "temporary" is that come December, I plan on tweaking my routine to include less goofing with YouTube and more....writing, which was one of my long term goals. I haven't done any kind of non-blog writing since Spring 2019, and that is something that I really want to get back to performing. I've been getting little nudges here and there for the past 1 1/2 years, and I think I've procrastinated long enough. 

Writing that weird short story of mine {called What A Day...}, helped get the juices flowing just a little, even though it took me the better part of 6 1/2 months to complete. But sometimes, all you need is a spark to get the creativity flowing yet again. 

Tune in next week, when I'll start bloviating about writing in earnest while blowing out the cobwebs at the same time. Should be neat. Until then, always remember that thinking for yourself and not the collective, is the greatest thing that you can accomplish on an daily basis.


{c} 2020 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. You had a month off. Time to get cracking.
    What medical thing is going on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To refresh your memory, about 10+ years ago I was diagnosed with C-M-T (Charcot-Marie-Tooth) disease, which is a degenerative neuromuscular disorder with no known cure. It has slowly gotten worse over the years, so in order to get a little higher pension, I'm trying for a non-service (i.e. not job induced) connected retirement.

      Two of the main side effects that I have to deal with is severe hand fatigue and muscle weakness. This is why I'm forever toying with the idea of getting voice software.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.