Monday, November 28, 2022

Episode #151: Granddad Ain't Sipping Old Granddad Today

"Christmas time is here by golly, disapproval would be folly. Deck the halls with hunk of holly, fill the cup and don't say when."

No, that ain't it. Please Mr Custer.

"Father Christmas, give us your money, we ain't time for your silly toys. We'll beat you up if you don't hand it over."

Certainly not! Oh Mr. Belpit, your legs are so swollen!

"On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, two turtlenecks!

Take off, eh! To the Great White North!

"On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a Japanese transistor radio!"

Yeah...sometimes, it just doesn't pay to have a brain chock full of pop culture from music and television. Because you know it's just mule fritters trying to work it into something resembling a normal everyday conversation or a normal weekly blog post. I try and I twy and I twy, but my name is Elmer J Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

But to cereal up for a memento, we have a star. A star, which is not born for a cheesy movie, but was created by someone (not me) with oodles of creativity but often no outlet to produce it for. We chose today to use the old fashioned white star, not because it looks good, and it does, but because this was the pick that I had chosen after ten turns on the mouse wheel and a click of the shiny black button.

Now I will admit that I do love artwork that is simply made and is something that I can understand. I can understand this. When a child can create something that is quite unique all on their own, it is something that a parent can really brag about. So, I done dude it, and I dude it well.

So with that in mind, or not, because frankly, flaking out is something that I don't do well, here lies yet another blog post that is chock full of pop culture references, ranging from the 1950's through the 1980's, spanning the globe to give you a constant variety of sports. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

With all that being said, I wish you a 'good day, eh' and spiffy the rest of the week. And remember, just because someone is quiet, it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll suddenly say, "Ya'll want fries with that?"

May you always have peaches, liquor and treacle as part of your weekly diet.


{c} 2022 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. Your blog post today is a thrill-ride-a-minute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think this is the only way I can drop in a plethora of pop culture references without receiving "WTF are you blabbing about?" looks.

      Delete
  2. That's why I enjoy RiffTrax and MST3K - so many pop culture references!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never really had the opportunity to watch them, even when they were/on on television.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.