Sunday, August 29, 2021

Episode #96: If You Don't Open Your Mind, Then How Can You Grow?

And a very lazy {I'm hoping} Sunday afternoon to one and all. I sincerely hope the weather is treating you very well, no matter where you might be reading this post.

It's been a brutally hot/humid week here in Connecticut and there have been days in which I was like that guy in Airplane! who became completely drenched taking over the piloting duties on the plane.

But I've managed to keep my sanity on a even keel by taking once-a-day trips into the mountain in order to cool off and cool down.

But, the other part of keeping my sanity, besides listening to different types of classical and ye olden folk music, is working on a writing project, which in this particular case, is re-writing a previously published novella/novelette.

At this point, I have completed the rewrite, which bottomed out to just a smidgen over 22k words.  And, in addition to completing the rewrite, I've also completed the first round of edits as well, so I'm happy about that. It's currently sitting off to the side, patiently waiting for me come back to it, but right now, I'm just letting it sit for a lengthy marination. This in turn will allow me to think/meditate/mull over about what the titled of the rewrite should be. I wasn't overly thrilled about the original title, since I don't think it really fitted with what the overall theme of the story was/is {I'm leaning towards failed plan of revenge/karma/redemption}.

Once I get that properly decided on, then I can also mull over what the cover should look like, and a few other things as well.

In the mean time, I'll keep tuning in to the strange genres that I've seen to settled into for writing, since it's become the perfect background noise for the daily grind to what is my life these days.

Talk to ya later!


{c} 2021 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Interesting choice of music! Whatever works, yes? ☺ It's been incredibly hot here in southern Ontario as well, but now that Sept. has arrived, the temps have cooled down with it. Wishing you much success with the rewrite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to find something since I'm basically parked in the dining room on the main floor, and this was the best solution to having total silence.

      The temps have definitely taken a nice downturn into the 70's, so I'm happy about that.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.