Sunday, April 25, 2021

Episode #84: It's Here!.....Or Is It?

So I finally got the four part manuscript back from the formatter this past Friday, and I can't be more happier to get these bad boys {two of them at least} up and published.

For those of you wondering why I said "four", it's because I received four distinct manuscripts for my money.

1} PDF: for print.
2} Word: in case I want to publish it on Smashwords or some other site that does Word.
3} Epub: for those who take the e-pub format, like KDP.
4} Mobi: which is the format that KDP used to take/prefer.

I say "used to take" because Amazon/KDP decided to phase it out and take e-pub, docx or KPF formats for e-books.

Anywho, it'll take me some time in coming days to get everything properly situated and uploaded, since the last time I had uploaded any book was 2018 for this book, and things have changed a lot in the proceeding three years with Amazon self publishing.

I also have to contact my graphic designer to let her know what the trim size is, what the page count is and most importantly, what I want for a blurb on the cover.

Should be an extremely fun couple of weeks to get everything uploaded, so were looking at a May release date.

And then, we get to start the process all over again with the writing of yet another trilogy (or more) for publication. 

{c} 2021 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. Excellent!
    I'm sure a lot has changed in just a couple years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man it definitely has. You should read the help topic on the phasing out of the MOBI file with Amazon. Seems to me that they did due to the all the improvements they've been making all the years with all of their Kindle products. Plus they kind of eliminated CreateSpace and merged it with KDP, so this should be even more fun.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping to get the book uploaded and released by the middle of the month.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.