Sunday, April 4, 2021

Episode #81: A Trilogy Of Love

When I had retired back in November 2020 {man that seems such a long time ago}, one of my main goals was to get back into the writing groove, which is something I haven't done since 2019.

At the time, I really wasn't in the mood to do any kind of original writing, but I did want to get something out there just the same. So I came up with the brilliant idea of reworking/republishing one of my earlier books, so as to take a crack at the exclusivity program that Amazon has with their KDP program.

The easiest nor-brainer was my book "Broken Promises", as it was in serious need of being updated. The info contained within was incorrect, outdated, and the content was kind of stale, since it was written some 7+ years ago.

The first thing that I did was to unpublish the book from Smashwords. The second thing to do was to rework and/or tweak the three stories contained, while the last thing to do was to fix everything else (author's bio, book snippets, etc. etc.). That basically took me about two months top.

All of February and March was taken up with trying to get a book cover, which is what you see posted on this page. I was able to use my usual graphic designer, Book Cover By Design, a UK based company.

I'm happy to say that I will have print version of this book, which was made possible by me picking a smaller size {5 x 8} instead of the usual standard size. The smaller size will definitely get me above the minimum page count required for a print book.

Overall, I'm looking for a mid-April release date.

And that is what G.B. has been up to for the 1st quarter of 2021.

{c} 2021 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Reworking an older book was a good way to get you back into the groove. They did a nice job on the cover as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I decided early on that this would be the easiest way for me to get back into the groove. I figured by the time i got done doing this, I would be ready to tackle writing new original stuff.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.