Sunday, April 18, 2021

Episode #83: It's Spring Time! And You Know What That Means....Lawn Mowers!

Unlike the song "When It's Springtime In Alaska", where the ending is sad, the ending to "When It's Springtime in Connecticut" is positively frustrating. 

You know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about sling blades, mulching, electrical shock treatments from sketchy spark plugs, lots of gasoline vapors, frayed electrical cords and very, very bad Tim Taylor lawn mower driving.

Yes, we all hate it, and we all would love nothing more to turn our yards into an oasis of wildflowers, but sadly in most towns that isn't allowed.

But, believe it or not, there are some people who still wonder why we just don't do exactly mentioned previously. Please enjoy the following conversation between St. Francis of Assisi and his Father Superior.

From the June 24, 2011 Cedar's Mountain blog post entitled, God On Lawn Care.


{c} 2021 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. I mow with a mulcher so no tossing away cuttings. And I like to think my beautiful lawn pays respect to God. Those weeds have plenty of other places to grown on our land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to get back to mowing my own lawn, as I found it to be great exercise. But alas, we have a landscaper comer out about two to three times a month from late spring to early fall to do it.

      We do do touch up on the backyard, since it's a filled in swamp area thus it has very poor drainage after the rains.

      Delete
  2. This post brought back some scary memories of when I first learned to use my boss's zero-turn mower. All I can say is I'm glad no one was around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by.

      I actually loved mowing my lawn back in the day. It was a great way to get exercise using the push lawnmower to do the half acre (or so) lawn that the house sat on.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.