Sunday, March 7, 2021

Episode #77: Re-wash, Re-rinse, Re-repeat


Hello! Welcome to I Have Stories!, where excuses are often masqueraded as pearls of wisdom. As you can probably figure out, 'cause you are one of the smartest readers I has, we're still blipped. With it being tax season and the like, original critical thinking is still sitting on the curb, frantically waving their arms trying to get my attention.

Because of this, we are once again doing a very deep dive of the Cedar's Mountain blog archive, subject label "Humor".

In this particular case, the subset is "computers".

Background: I am old enough to remember using old fashioned computers and the like. I used the Tandy computers in computer class; the BASIC programming language; the 5 1/4 inch floppy discs; cassettes (yes, cassettes were one of the main ways of saving/loading programs); and the most popular computer game at the time was the Oregon Trail

Anyways, this particular piece of poetry may confuse the heck of some of you (like the dial telephone does with today's youth), simply because it covers terms that your parents (if they're north of 50) are familiar with. 

So enjoy this ode to the computer called "A Poem for Computer Users Above the Age of 40", post date 12/10/2012.

{c} 2021 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. You definitely don't want anyone finding out about your floppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little secret to share: I have about 4 to 5 dozen of the 3 1/4" floppy discs for my Win7 computer, as it has a lot of my writings and other assorted odds and ends. Even got a portable drive for them as well.

      Delete
  2. Fun poem there! Got a few Gig gles out of me, n I needed them!
    I once had a job making floppy labels for software.

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.