Sunday, February 28, 2021

Episode #76: Wash. Rinse. Repeat.


As we come out of yet another non-agnsty week, we would like to remind everyone that originality has taken a much needed siesta of an unknown length. Because of this much needed break, we are forced to mine once again, all that is provocative, namely my first blog Cedar's Mountain.

Yeah, lots of posts to choose from, and our topic of choice is pop culture.

Being one of the older members of my former hive {by at least two decades} allowed me at times to have very interesting conversations about pop culture. I emphasize "very interesting" because more often than not, I would have to explain, in great detail, some of my pop culture references. 

Yes, I had co-workers whose pop culture awareness stopped in the 1990's and completely bypassed public television.

So when I would say something like "happy white clouds" I would get very odd looks {e.g. "wait...wut?"}, which would then force me to explain in detail, completely with info dump, on what I was saying in reference.

Yes, it did ruin the flow of conversation quite a few times, much to my annoyance. Anywho, the aforementioned quote was intentionally used by me, because the post that I'm linking to features an interesting explanation to that phrase, complete with active video.

So, from the June 13, 2013 edition of Cedar's Mountain, I bring to you the post Making Pop Culture Work.

{c} 2021 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I got the clouds reference.
    Between movies, television, and music, I know a lot of pop culture references. Which really helps whenever I watch either RiffTrax or MST3K as the guys are constantly referencing pop culture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine actually go waaaaay back, from watching classic cartoons as a kid and adult. But it definitely comes in handy when watching stuff like that. I think you really need that well roundedness when it comes to most things nowadays, since the average person probably won't get the references on the first half dozen or so viewings.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.