Sunday, February 21, 2021

Episode #75: We're Still Blipped


It's still been a somewhat semi-angsty non-work week {emphasis on non, since I is retired}, as the tired old cliche of "Often the best laid plans...." is being offered up to you the reader today.

Things have reached an impasse in regards to the writing front, as I have not been able to move on like I wanted to with my upcoming e-book {which will be titled A Trilogy of Love}, as we were forced to take a minor detour along the way. But I'm pretty certain you don't want to hear me whining about my lack of effort on the writing front yet again. So, instead we're gonna reach into the distant past and talk about an old post from my first blog, Cedar's Mountain. enjoy.

E-mail humor.

Back in the day when I used to have a core group of work friends, we would forward humorous e-mails to each other. Because a lot of us had wicked senses of humor, our e-mails were a bit on the offensive side. One such email contained a brutally funny poem called "Frenemy". The original title of the e-mail escaped me when I had posted this back in mid 2013, so the post was called Fluffernutter {not sure why, but I think the pic had a lot to do with it}.

One thing that will jump out at you is the fact on how incredibly verbose and witty I still was back in the early 2010's. The downhill slide to being really cynical and burnt started in the next year, but for a good 6+ years, I was really funny and witty. This particular post is a good case in post.

From the June 21, 2013 edition of Cedar's Mountain, I bring you the poem called Frenemy.

{c} 2021 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Know I understand why it's called Frenemy. With a friend like that, you don't need an enemy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, pretty much. Plus, they are fun to write about. :D

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.