Monday, April 27, 2020

Episode 52: Still Yet Another Day In The Life

Wowzers! Three posts in the month of April! I must be some kind of active blogger in order to write this many posts.

Anywho, I was feeling kind of inspired to blog this past week, much like I was pretty much inspired to write {yay!}, so I said to myself, "Why not?"

We're still working at home {sort of}, in the proverbial basement at my mother's house {insert lame meme here} and so days are starting to blend with another.  Work has been pretty much the normal aggravation this week, but while working some unpaid overtime this past Saturday, we got hit with a super blinding case of the incredibly obvious/oblivious {take your pick, they're interchangeable todsay}.

And what was that Captain Obvious moment you may ask?

Well, I was performing said unpaid overtime, I suddenly remembered that instead of listening to more podcasts {pretty much spent the past month getting all caught up with the 19+ that I normally listen to on a bi-weekly basis}, I could dip into the vast LP collection {3000+} and listen to those. Considering I'm sitting in the same room with them, this should've been a serious no-brainer back in mid-March, instead of a semi-brainer in late April.

Anywho, since there was no time like the here and now, we dove into our ultra large collection for schtuff to listen to.

For this bout of unpaid overtime, we listened to the following 3 1/2 albums:

  1. The Go-Go's "Beauty And The Beat"
  2. The Go-Go's "Vacation"
Both of which were pretty good samples of the power pop phase that music went through in the early 80's (e.g. The Knack), but I give the edge to their debut album, as the seconds felt like they were phoning it in just a tad.
  1. Billy Crystal "Mahvelous!"
A very good comedy album that put me in stitches.
  1. The Dead Boys "Young, Loud and Snotty" {side one}
Yeah, late 70's punk, a genre that I completely missed while growing up. Plus I was curious about their late singer Stiv Bators.

And not to forget, I started writing this week. I got inspired by the circumstance/severe dullness of the day and actually wrote a paragraph of a short story called, What A Day....

Not sure what direction it's gonna go in, but considering that whenever inspiration strikes lately, I tend to wander down the path of the horror genre that I don't spend that much time reading these days.

But, there you go, another day in the life of G.B. Miller, slave to the business word and occasional escapee to the fictional word.


{c} 2020 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. You have more albums than I do...
    Good idea to listen to some tunes while you're working. It will make the time go by faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does and it did. I think there's some kind of glitch with my turntable, as it seemed to be going just a tad slower after about 7 hours of use today. I'm going to test it tomorrow to see if the glitch reappears. If it does, it's time for a new turntable. Again.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.