Sunday, September 22, 2019

I Have Stories to Tell!: Episode the 40th: Burnt Toasty Goodness

After roughly forty-five minutes of driving, Nikia felt another rap on her soul. Pulling down her bandanna, she asked, "What?"
'Fork roughly one mile ahead. Please choose which tine you wish to take.'
"Did you just ask me to choose a tine?"
'Problem?' answered the child in an annoyed tone.
"Wasn't sure if I'd heard you correctly and there's no need for you to get annoyed. When I ask a question, it's only to get clarification. Not to bust your chops."
'Bust my chops?'
"Slang for giving you a hard time. Now, I assume what unfolds for my immediate future will depend on the selection I make, correct?"
'Correct.'
"Well then, since my future is entirely up to a proverbial roll of the dice, I shall choose four lefts from center."
'That doesn't sound right.'
"Exactly," said Nikia, who dropped a gear and opened the throttle.
About one minute later, the literal fork in the road appeared. All four roads started parallel to each other, before branching off into different directions and quickly disappearing from view.
"Here's to the fickle finger of fate," yelled Nikia as she veered right and gunned it.

Taken from book #1 of The Friendship Trilogy, The Friendship Has Begun.

I decided to post that particular passage as I think perfectly sums up my current feelings about both my blogging and my writing. I've hit the proverbial salad fork in the road, in which I have no idea on where to go with my blogging and my writing.

I won't say that I'm suffering from the proverbial writer's burnt toasty goodness, but it has been a real struggle trying to put something together from a blogging standpoint as well as finding the motivation to pick up the proverbial pen and paper to string nouns, verbs, adverbs, and adjectives in to coherent sentences and paragraphs.

Granted, all the proverbial major family stresses are now gone: child #1 is happily married, child #2 is happily entrenched at college, and work issues has been smoothed out/resolved (for now). So I should, in theory, be good to go. Right?

But it certainly doesn't feel right. It just feels, meh.

My writing life, as it presently stands, is at that proverbial fork in the road. Which tine do I take to find the satisfaction that I crave/need? I'm not quite sure at the moment. I do know that I have roughly 11 years (5/24.2008 to the present) invested into my blogging, as well as 9 years invested with my writing, and that's certainly nothing to sneeze at or ignore.

It's definitely something to think about in the coming weeks. Gotta see if I can find my mojo again for both aspects of my writing life.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with a video that accurately describes my predicament.



{c} 2019 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. You managed to think of something for this week.
    I enjoy your snarky take on life, so that's something to write about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Snarkiness has always been my pride and joy (comes out a lot in my writing as well), so yes, that is something definitely to write about.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.