Sunday, September 8, 2019

I Have Stories To Tell! Episode the 38th


This week is going to be all kinds of crazy, hence the song from The Legendary Stardust Cowboy. Two minutes of certified chaos that is the absolute perfect start of my George Jetson work week (for those of you who are unfamiliar with The Jetsons, George Jetson often complained about working his "horrific" three day work week), so I can absolutely guarantee that I will have incredibly zero tolerance for stupid of any kind this coming Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Since I have no real agenda for today's post, I thought I would do a little venting and what not.

1} Election season is upon us and for some of us, we are not overly amused about it. Yesterday (9/7), I received two robo-calls from a mayoral candidate, one in English and one in Espanol. No problem, right? Wrong. The mayoral candidate is for a town that I do not live in. Work in? Absolutely. But not live in whatsover.

For those of you who are thinking about running for a political office (although why anyone would want to cancel themselves out is beyond me), make damn sure that whatever phone list you decide to buy/acquire from your political party contains only numbers from people who actually live in the same town/district that you do.

2} I have come to a decision on what story to work on next once October rolls around, which will be announced then. It most definitely wasn't an easy decision to come to, but I think it was the best one for me.

3} Speaking of work, because of my son's upcoming nuptials this week, for the first time in about two years I will actually be taking time off during the work week. Previously, I would plan my vacations during my off weeks, that way no one would have the horror of covering my payrolls (yes, I have two payrolls that are virtual political minefields). But sometimes, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, and you hope that your co-workers can properly pick up the slack.

4} Still speaking of work, because of my son's upcoming nuptials, there may not be a post for September 15th. This is due to the simple fact  that I will be working some Sunday overtime so that I can get some of my payroll done (I have one that I will not trust to anyone else to do). Thus, it's a very good probability that no post will be had. If I do do a post, it will probably something music related.

I think that's about all I gots to vent about this week. If you hear a very faint scream blowing in the wind this week, it's just me pulling out my hair follicles with a pair of tweezers.

{c} 2019 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Take the time off for your son and don't worry about what happens. They screw it up, they can fix it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely don't plan on worrying (much) about work. The plain fact that i have such a great work ethic is why i have added the word "much" to my response.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.