Sunday, April 21, 2019

I Have Stories To Tell! Episode the 21st

Boy howdy and howdy to the girl with the black dress on because Bubbles has moved on to a greener pasture and welcome to the skewered literary world of G.B. Miller, where he has decided to take a slight detour and become a little maudlin for today's post.

This is my daughter's pet ferret Bubbles, and unfortunately on the evening of April 18th, she passed away. We think it was due to old age, as ferrets do not have a long life expectancy, with the average being somewhere 5 and 6 years. We thought she was on her last legs at least two to three weeks prior, but received a reprieve from the man upstairs, so she continued to grace us with her presence.

Sadly, on that Thursday, the end came quick. She wasn't looking too good in the morning when I came down that morning to feed her, but between the time that I left for work (7:30) and returned home at 5:30p, she went downhill exceptionally fast, and moved on to a better life sometime around 8:30p.

So now, we have one less furry friend to keep us company during are day-to-day activities. I now feel a twinge of sadness whenever I go downstairs to my den and walk by the converted fish tank and not see her there. I'm sure that in her new home, she's having a blast stylin' and profilin' and having just a good old time enjoying the brighter side of the afterlife.

Bubbles, you were loved and you'll be missed.

{c} 2019 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. Very sorry Bubbles is gone. I didn't realize they lived such short lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Neither did I. A good friend on FB who had ferrets in the past enlightened me on what their typical life expectancy was. My daughter took it hard. At the moment, Bubbles is resting comfortably outside in a box away from predators until she decides where she wants to bury her.

      Delete
  2. Pets give us more joy than can be quantified. Condolences to you and your daughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do indeed. Not quite sure how I'll response when Holly (my pet cat) crosses over to the other side.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.