Monday, June 5, 2023

Episode #174: My Alternate Universe Is Good

I went shopping at WalMart a couple of weeks ago because I was out of sugar free syrup. Didn't find any, but I found this instead. All the realism but none of it real.

You may have noticed that I started using a couple of oddball characters in a few recent blog posts, named Bob & Ted. To no-one's real surprise, Bob & Ted are simply a vehicle, much like my muse, to showcase my latent quirkiness that has a tendency to pop up on the page, whether digital or print.

I have a rather dark imagination that pops up with an increasing degree of frequency in my writings. Unlike my muse, who has become my.....stern counselor....Bob & Ted have become my outlet for the darkly quirky side of my imagination, for my blog posts. 

I always wanted to eventually write my blog posts in the same vein as my stories, but I realized that to do so would require me to slap an "18+" warning before one could read it, and you know, while that would work for the content I usually write elsewhere, it won't fly on this blog. So that meant that I had to tweak it to make it acceptable here, which is what I did with the Bob & Ted Abnormal Review stories.

I actually do like writing pseudo horror stuff, because I can't write full blown horror stuff at all. Just not my cup of tea, as they say. I give props to those that do. But Bob & Ted are my delightful little plebeians that allow me the honor of writing them like Kenny, but without the unmitigated violence, only the gross factor. So rest assured, you will see more Bob & Ted Abnormal Review stories popping in in the future, as we'll expand from reviewing products bought to reviewing places shopped/ate at {I have some Google Map reviews for my immediate area that have somehow garnered over 1k views. Go figure}

Now, onto a brief writing update, courtesy of my muse: "Our friendly G.B. is now getting ready to transcribe chapter 55 in his current trilogy and is having a grand old time being stunningly brave in exploring new writing worlds. The kind of worlds he enjoyed as a reader but never explored as a writer. Because if he doesn't, well, all eight protagonists that I bring to life in this trilogy will be very, very, very disappointed, and he may have to see his...counselor....for a stern talking to."

With that being said, have an above average Monday, and remember, let's strive to be the first in reverse at least once this week.


{c} 2023 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And I'll be more than happy to write them. I've loads of purchased products that have been legitimately suggested to me by companies to review. So it'll be a fun write.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.