Monday, May 31, 2021

Episode #89: Back When I Was Free Formin', I Was Really Free Formin';

Waaaaay back in the early days of the 21st century, my brain was a lot more soluble and malleable than it sits currently. Back then, I used to go to town on what I came to call "free form blogging". Which usually meant that I would find a (very) small tangent to riff on, then really go off all over the roadway like a drunken Mardi Gras reveler for up to a dozen paragraphs or so, before eventually coming to whatever point I was trying to make and slamming the car into park, thus launching myself through the front window at breakneck speed and faceplanting the computer screen.

I haven't seem to do much of that kind of thing lately, as life, combined with a slightly cynical outlook on the world at large today, has left me just about completely uninspired to go off on a major tangent.

So I thought for today's post, we revisit one of those epic free form blog posts from yesteryear, so that we can show people what classic G.B. was all about, much like the picture from the Indianapolis Children's Museum that was taken a few yeas prior to the original publication of the post I'm linking to.

From the Cedar's Mountain blog archives. here is Perpendicular? Not At Albuquerque.

{c} 2021 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. After a recent experience, I'd warn against posting any images you don't own. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roughly 99.5% of the pictures I post on my blog I own. There were all taken last decade when I was go hog wild producing content for a picture blog of mine. The above pic was taken on of my vacations during that time frame. Sorry that you got grief over one of yours.

      Delete
  2. I have been riding perpendicular again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be perpendicular!

      Seriously though, that was one of my better tangent pieces, which was completely riffed from a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.