Monday, May 24, 2021

Episode #88: Procrastination Can Often Make You Stupid

Amazon
I'm a reigning prince of procrastination in my fiefdom. Although I've spend numerous hours working in this issue {about 85% success rate}, it still can raise its ugly head.

This blog post is a case in point. I normally publish on Sundays, but this weekend has been a bit....weird. Thus this post is being published on Monday.

Another case in point involves my latest book A Trilogy Of Love.

A normal rule of thumb for whenever I decide to do something productive {like writing for example}, that it should never, ever be done after the hour of 7p. To do so will often create either a monster delay in getting the task done correctly, or creating an incorrectable personal screw-up.

The monster delay part was registering the copyright to the book, which was directly due to not having all the pieces needed at the same time to accomplish the goal. Examples would include: forgetting log-in to account; not remembering the publishing date and not having the previous registration available.

The incorrectable part would using the wrong author name for the Amazon listing (clicking on the link will show you exactly what I mean), and trying to correct that error would require me to re-upload and re-do everything for the print version of the book. E-book was easily fixable, but the print was not.

All of these problematic errors were a direct result of uploading each version of the book in the evening, thus not being alert enough to smartly interpret the crystal clear questions/headings, like the author's name.

I won't say this was an expensive lesson to learn, as I was able to properly snag it for my Amazon Author's page, but this will reinforce the requirement that anything that needs to be done properly, should not be done at night.

So to end this on a high note, the print version is now available on Amazon, and I should have personal copies for sale by the first or second week of June, and the e-book is also available in the Kindle Unlimited program as well.


{c} 2021 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the mess with the copyright. My brain can function later into the evening but I wouldn't attempt something like that first thing in the morning. I'd have a similar mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The copyright was the easiest bug-a-boo to work through. Just tine consuming and slightly expensive ($65 for literary, not sure of the price for other types). I think either the late morning to early afternoon is where I feel safe enough to do critical thinking these days.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.