Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Good Lord, It's Autumn Already? Where Did The Time Go?

Wowzers!

It's been, at the very least, an interesting Summer 2020. While I have not been doing anything in the way of writing (or blogging) for that matter, I have begun the laborious task getting my life into some kind of semblance of order. An order, of which I would like to have in place by the beginning of 2021.

To say things have been eventual during the summer would be a distinct understatement.

Let's start off with the events of the familia.

Everyone in the familia is doing as well as can be expected. Daughter has been tested 4 times (yes, you read that correctly) at the university and so far has been a big fat negative (yay!). Both doggos, Tina and Oreo, are doing well, as well as the rabbit Mr. Cuddles. Sadly, the same cannot be said for the masthead of the blog. Holly was euthanized in early September due to a combination of age and kidney disease.

I'm doing well as can be expected, and that will only get better, since on November 1st...

Work.

...on November 1st, I will officially be a retired somebody.

If you recall from my blatherings from earlier this year, work has been a basic flustercuck. The aggravation hasn't stemmed from the new world order known as Covid-19, but stemming from the new payroll system that my agency is shoving down our throats (sort of like how the left shoving down black lies matter and antifa in the style of 1984).  This collective shoving is not a statewide thing, but an agency thing (a lot of agencies don't want it, so that's a huge red flag right there), and they're doing w/o the proper training for ALL OF THE STAFF, and it seems like every time they set a concrete date to make it effective, a lug wrench trashes the gears and they have to go back to square 1a.

I actually qualified for early retirement the month after I had turned 55 this year (June). I really didn't want to do it, since a large financial penalty would be involved for taking an early retirement, but after qualifying with an age and year total of 75+ and combined on how miserable I was becoming and how it was affecting my home life as the aforementioned debacle was unfolding, I consulted with my family and came to the decision that after spending a total of 24 1/2 years with one employer, it was time to go.

And thus, ends part the first. Tune in next time for part the 2nd, and as always, keep on shakn' your groove thing.

{c} 2020 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Sorry it had to end so badly but congratulations on your retirement. It will be a weight off your shoulders. You might need those depending how things go November 3.
    Really sorry about Holly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that it had to end this way as well. I have almost 15 years of institutional knowledge that I will be taking away and I'm sure it will hurt to a small degree. It's not common knowledge yet, but I'm sure people are going to be shocked when they find out.

      Thank you for condolences for my cat. I'm going to wait until next year before I go about getting another cat.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.