Sunday, January 13, 2019

I Have Stories To Tell! Episode the 7th

Girl howdy and howdy to the boy who is manly enough to have his girl be the driver in their relationship and welcome to the wonderfully skewered literary world of G.B. Miller, where the recent past is the prologue to a failed future. Especially if you're someone above the age of 35 who abhors a politically correct nanny state.

First up, the prerequisite picture, courtesy of Pictures for Smarties:

Riding the wave in an office building
While I sometimes may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, I often find humor in my adventures of day to day living.

Case in point, the other day I was tying my boots up in preparation to going to work. My hand suddenly slipped off my shoelace and I bopped myself in the nose. No big thing, I said to myself, since I've done this numerous times. Shortly thereafter, I trip on to the facilities to take care of some business, when I discovered a runny nose happening. I blew my nose and lo and behold, blood appeared on the TP.

Yup. I done punched myself a bloody nose.

Normally, this not something to brag about. I mean, how many people do you know that actually brag about doing something incredibly stupid to themselves? Probably less than the amount of fingers on your hand. But, I saved this experience to use as cannon fodder to diffuse annoying/crappy situations, and fortunately for me, a few popped up on that particular day.

Got some blog related news for ya. If you've clicked through to read this post, you will see a few interesting cosmetic changes made to this blog. Among the things added were two subscription widgets (RSS feed and e-mail), a new stat counter and four static page tabs across the top. The page tabs contain links to four of my old blogs that you can peruse at your leisure: Cedar's Mountain, Pictures For Smarties, It's Always Saturday In Suburbia and Father Nature's Corner, and each one has a short bio/synopsis of the blog.

And finally, some writing related news is to be had.

This weekend, I finally hit the stopping point of my latest WiP, The Friendship Has Ended. For the past few weeks, as I'd slugged away on my novel, the end goal was to write to a point where I wouldn't suffer through a major case of writer's block when I went back to work on it after a six month hiatus (I have quite a few slushies that will forever remain incomplete because I couldn't remember what the F'ng plot was when I'd finally decided to work on it again), so the end result is 6 chapters/38,397 words.

So this time, I got to a point where I know that I'll be able to continue writing it after a six month hiatus, because besides remembering what the book is about (wife cheats on husband) I will be writing a short one half to one page bullet point memo detailing the remaining character scenes that I need to write in order to tidy up all the subplots of all three books and have a satisfactory ending.

The reason why I'm doing all of this extra work is that I need to complete book #2 The Friendship Has Continued. I've already done three rounds of edits (of which I'll probably elaborate in the coming weeks) and I have, at the very minimum, two more rounds to do before I contact the editor of my choice to book a date for her to work on it.

As always, you can follow me on Facebook and check out my writings by clicking on the appropriate book cover or go to Books by G.B. Miller.

{c} 2019 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.