Monday, October 9, 2023

Episode #192: How To....Exactly What?

My daughter and her current flame.

Life sometimes, oddly enough, gets in the way of life. Through the miracle known as planning things out, I got the end result that I was not really expecting, all because I had things perfectly planned out, which led to the title of this post.

See if you can follow my warped logic along with me:

My PCP, after 31+ years, retired effective June 1st; being the procrastinator that I am, wasn't able to hook with two new doctors until this October; with appointments in the second week.

Had my high school reunion this past weekend. Prior to the actual event, planned out that I would pick up the wife the day off and take her back to the campsite day after; picked up wife day off, had a decent time, then took her back the day after. Sounds simple right?

The plan also called for me to do my grocery shopping today, the day of this post. But....the first doctor's appointment is an hour after lunch (issue #1 &2), which causes me to move up my grocery shopping to the actual morning (issue #3), instead of the afternoon, because who knows how long my first appointment with my new doctor will take.

Meanwhile, in blog land, through a combination of excellent planning and neglecting to see the bigger picture, we are typing out a typical "man-splaining excuse laden" man-child rant for a post. In other words, the "I-am-dying-from-a-sinus-headache-and-I-need-constant-attention" whine for a blog post.

To sum it up, the one time that I decided to actually plan things out for a relaxing weekend, reality steps in, pulls me up with a major wedgie and says, "I don't think so."



Have a splendiferous Monday!

{c} 2023 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

6 comments:

  1. Like the saying goes - nothing ever goes as planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I almost plan nothing in my life without a ton of safety features, like doctor appointments not interfering with too many other things. But this was like, the perfect storm.

      Delete
  2. Never fails!
    Hey, you don't wanna eat that hotdog...
    Ev/ SnaggleTooth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's how life goes, doesn't it? Your daughter and her boyfriend make a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do at that. Hopefully, this one is a keeper. And yes, life does like to do me dirty sometimes.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.