Monday, August 29, 2022

Episode #138: Dad's Muse Has Come Back! {1}

Remember kids! Cow flatulence is harmful to the climate!

Scene: A tired looking man, with tired features resting on a tired body, holding a tired pen, sitting in front of a tired table, writing on multiple pieces of tired paper, tiredly sipping on a glass of tired water.

Annnnnnd....ACTION!

Hellloooo? Is anybody there? Hello?

The tired man suddenly comes to life. He bolts upright, cleans out an ear with his pen before cupping it with his hand. "I could've sworn that I heard that voice. But...how?"

I know you're in there, and you know that I know you're in there. So 'fess up and show yourself!

"There it is again! But, it simply can't be....Flexi?"

Suddenly a loud clap of thunder crashes into his den, as a deluge of sulfuric smoke envelopes the den. Coughing and hacking, he quickly reaches for his handheld portable fan, flips the switch and starts blowing away the smoke. Roughly thirty seconds later, sitting on his tired table, with svelte legs crossed and waist length hair cascading down her chest, is his long thought missing in action muse, Flexi.

"Flexi?"
"In the flesh!" she answers in her perpetually perky voice.
"Good Lord, you're not actually in the...flesh are you?"
Flashing an evil smile, she quickly removes her hair from her chest, which causes the man to wince in embarrassment. When he opens his eyes, he sees not the actual voluptuousness that drove stronger men than himself to drop to their knees in sinful lust, but the perceived voluptuousness tastefully hidden by the clothes that attracted him to her in the first place. 

"Flexi, what on are earth are you doing here? I thought you were on an extended vacation in the Caribbean or some such place?"
"Caribbean, Macao, St. Martinique, Hawaii, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. The list goes on. Anyways, I heard that my tiny little man with ginormous gonads has started doing some original writing."
"Really."
"Really, so I said to myself that I needed to see for myself if this was actually true, and not just some bad millennial with a pointless MFA in something called un-creative fiction trying to impress your personal assistant with vapid language skills. So, are you?"
"Am I what?"
"Being freshly creative, silly."
"I suppose so."
"Great! I'll be right back!"

The tired man simply stares at the daffodil scented misty cloud that Flexi had left behind, before sadly shaking his head and turning his attention back to his tired paper on his tired desk. Exactly thirty seconds later, he suddenly bolts upright and goes rigid in fear. With eyes growing bigger than his proverbial gonads, he screams at the top of his lungs, "FLEXI!!!!!!"

Tune in next week for part 2 of Dad's Muse Has Come Back!
 

{c} 2022 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

6 comments:

  1. Well, Flexi has a lot of 'splainin' to do, it seems to me. Is she back for good or just to temporarily torment you until she gets bored and restless again? Write like the wind while she's around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to think that she's a little of both, back for good and to torment me along the way. The rest of this story should be interesting to say the least.

      Delete
  2. Tough trying to rely on fickle spirits. I never have attributed my creative stuff to a muse.
    Fun you came up with a perky personality. Hope you have you slot of fun stuff...
    Ev/SnaggleTooth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My muse has been around for about a decade or so. I have lots of fun with her on the blog and it allows me to be so much nastier without getting into trouble.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.