Monday, August 1, 2022

Episode #134: Dad Is In Fine Fettle Today

I was ganged up on by these guys this past Friday in the drive thru. Man, if you thought ravens have attitude issues, Canadian geese are 100 times worse.

Dear old Dad had nothing on tap for a topic to write about this week, as life got in the way of writing and blogging.

So today's blog post is gonna be a deep dive of the archives from my first blog, Cedar's Mountain. I do hope that you'll enjoy these classic posts from yesteryear.

The first in question features some very old e-mail humor from 2000, about various products with stupendously stupid label instructions, called Humor Circa The 20th Century.

Next up, a sample of some free form fiction and a humor filled e-mail from somewhere long ago. The fiction is moi, and the poem is entitled, "Frenemy". Overall, the post is called Fluffernutter

Number three on our hit parade is Coffee!!! Specifically, a cartoon featuring Grimm & Mother Goose, with links to Dave Grohl and Squeeze (links are still good).

Number four with a bullet is one about feeling really, really old. For proper context, i'm 57. Which means stuff from when I was growing up would make people in their mid 20's squeal like a pig about retro vintage stuff. Either way, if you're under the age of 40, you're probably not gonna appreciate what your elders went through. This one is simply called, So You Feel Old, Eh?

And finally, number five is actually from another one of my olden blogs called Father Nature's Corner. This one was around from 2013-2017, which was during one of my down cycles and after I had spend some time blogging on Tumblr (nuked that blog). 

Unfortunately, this blog's archive was a cringe-worthy trek of posts featuring broken links and YouTube purged videos. It took me quite awhile to find something, and it happens to be an old YT video featuring a Rube Goldberg machine. Simply called Still The Untitled Post.

I sincerely hope you've enjoyed this tiny trip down memory lane and hopefully by next Monday, I'll have a proper post for everyone to enjoy. Happy Star Trek!


{c} 2022 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

6 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, Canadian Geese are EVIL. Don't get too close to them. Plus they shit EVERYWHERE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a large pond about a hundred yards from that parking lot that is home to them. We also have a bad infestation at two local soccer fields, a baseball field and the town park overall.

      Yeah, no one likes the little shits.

      Delete
  2. Had to read the old one. Yes, I lived through all of that. Almost forgotten we saw the coming of FOX. (And now I say thank God!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I remember the rise of Fox and the gradual downfall of CNN. I used to love watching CNN, but, yeah.

      Now the fun I have is attempting to explain those items from yesteryear to my daughter who has absolutely no working knowledge about them.

      Delete
  3. I kinda dis-member remember the past posts... especially Frenemy !
    I have no idea what happened to tools on my tumblr ESR, and I may never figure out how to edit it again... .
    Meanwhile, I need to go to the library to do online stuff , and they changed hours making it very difficult lately. Then, I only get 1 hour to work, need more, and have to catch a bus or walk home..
    Eventually, I hope to see about that.
    Can read stuff now , and re-read your fun stuff . Will be reading alot soon...
    SnaggleTooth / Ev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nuked Tumblr out of existence, as it was a bad experiment on my part. Glad you enjoy the moldy-oldies from times past.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.