Monday, May 23, 2022

Episode #124: Can Dad String Multiple Words Together?

Pic taken last decade, but it still sums up my feelings for the beginning of summer, artificial as it may be {the water fountain that is}.

So today, we've introduced a new tag for our blog, entitled "Hot Mess". Why? Because, one, I can be a certain sex activity when the mood strikes me, and two, my new project is a "hot mess", so....it seemed right. Right?

Right.

I recently finished up with my note taking, all 8 pages worth, and my note taking lived up to the current descriptor and then some. What I was able to ascertain was this, and keep in mind, this was my mindset circa 2011.

1} I was slavishly devoted to using the Roman/Greek/Other Ethnicity Gods/Goddesses for character names, usually to the detriment of the story, and this was no exception. And I should add that I was getting seriously interested in the concepts/beings that populated Heaven/Hell/Purgatory.

2} I was hip deep in writing very bad (as in unhealthy) scenes of unmitigated violence. Of all types, and we'll leave it at that.

3} I was also firmly entrenched in having my male MC be human while my female MC was a hybrid.

4} For this story, I was mixing up/blending worlds very....strangely. By strange, I mean I was using Earth, an alternate universe, and apparently, the makings of an alternate-alternate universe. Yeah, I was...off.

So those were the four main ideas I was able to pick up on, in addition to quite a few side tangents along the way as well. And after letting it all digest/percolate for a couple of days, off to handwriting I went. One thing that I am noticing with this rewrite, is that I'm not doing two pages of handwritten for one page of print. Instead, I'm doing about one and a third for each print page. For example, I'm just finishing page 20 while at print page 11. So I'm recognizing that I had a lot of excess verbiage in the original story.

And now for something out of the ordinary.

I have no G-rated e-mails left to share, as everything that I have left could be considered offensively cringey by today's woke standards, so I won't share. Instead, I have a piece of self-deprecating humor to share with you. Back in the day, I was often fond of poking fun at myself on the blog, mostly by coming out on the short end of a few animated discussion with my muse {btw, my muse is female}. So I would like to share a piece of fiction with you all. Hope you like, and have a fantastic week as well.

2 comments:

  1. Offensively Cringey Hot Mess? Might make a good title for a novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it would indeed.

      Regarding the e-mails: I was working at a library at the time when I'd received the bulk other e-mails. Things were very different in the 90's as I was working with peeps born in the 50's (or earlier), so while they may have been properly "enlightened" for the decade they were working/place they were working, that humor wouldn't translate well to today's micro-aggressive society.

      I hate censorship in all its ugly forms, unless I"m applying to myself (I've gotten quite good at reading the room), so it's better to be safe elsewhere where the risk of trouble is very high for very minimal reward.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.