Monday, May 9, 2022

Episode #122: Dad's Allergies Are Better, So This Update Isn't Stuffy

Summertime....and the living is sooooo much easier when you have a routine of sleep, eat. walk, eat, vegetate, walk, vegetate, eat, run errands, vegetate listening to MLB. Wash, rinse and repeat.

Yeeeeaaaaaah. No. Let's call this, Take 3!

Summer is almost upon us, and as such, we're gearing up for some mini-mountain exploration. And the occasional picture taking. And some serious note taking. And a computer switch.

To expand a bit further, we shall tackle each bullet point contained within that paragraph.

1} Mini-mountain exploring: The weather has gotten a bit more like late Spring than late Winter, so I've started my usual short day hike on the typical mountain trail. Last Saturday {4/30} went up by the MDC water tower to the plateau overlook, before going back down the mountain the long invasive way. Fortunately for me, I did recognize a few trees that told me I was on the right downhill path. Well that, and the mountain stream was on my left as well.

2} Started taking random pics on my mini hikes, mostly from an old foundation of sorts that doubles as a rest area. I can still see the street from there, since the trees are presently about 20% in bloom, but that view should go away in about a month.

3} The note taking will commence shortly after I carve out some time to go through an 80+ page manuscript of gobbledy-gook. Said gobbledy-gook features a human/semi-human pairing, servants, bad English-to-Spanish translations, magic and other assorted....things. And this was ascertained from a two minute page flip/skim while I was printing out missing parts (props to my trusty file folder on my trusty USB drive). Should be a barrel of laughs while I'm pulling a muscle ion my brain as I'm trying to understand what I'd written. This will, undoubtedly, give my muse boundless fits of mirth and giggles, because as you all know, the muse performs on paper whatever interpretation you choose to execute with the information that she graces you with.

4} The computer switch will commence Memorial Day weekend, as my current Chromebook will cease getting new updates in June. Fortunately for the new one, support is good through early 2027. Yes, unlike M$, where each OS last about as long as a politician keeping their promises, Chrome OS usually has a lifespan between 5 and 8 years, depending on model and make of computer.

So basically, the only concrete parts of this plan are points #1 & #2, since that will be a summer thing. There will be a #2a for times that I will go out my comfort zone and walk in other parts of town (found a couple that due to unforeseen issues were not trodden upon in 2021), while the others are fleeting-to-minimal at best.

And now, a little e-mail, albeit G-rated, humor. Enjoy!

Grandma's Boyfriend

A five year old boy went to visit his grandmother one day. Playing with his toys in her bedroom while grandma was dusting, he looked up and said, "Grandma, how come you don't have a boyfriend now that Grandpa went to heaven?"

Grandma replied, "Honey, my TV is my boyfriend. I can sit in my bedroom and watch it all day long. The religious programs make me feel good and the comedies make me laugh. I'm happy with my TV as my boyfriend."

Grandma turned on the TV, and the reception was terrible. She started adjusting the knobs, trying to get the picture in focus. Frustrated, she started hitting the backside of the TV hoping to fix the problem. The little boy heard the doorbell ring, so he hurried to open the door, and there stood Grandma's minister.

The minister said, "Hello, son, is your Grandma home?"

The little boy replied, "Yeah, she's in the bedroom bangin' her boyfriend."

The minister fainted.

And on that wholesome note, we bid you a berry happy Monday and may your week be filled with memes to break the monotony of the day.


{c} 2022 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. I always enjoy hiking. We need to get out more often to do so.
    Good luck with the computer switch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It should be really interesting. From what I've been told in the forums, because syncing everything is the automatic default, I should have to only restore very few things with my new computer.

      The hiking is definitely coming into focus for me now. Been doing my usual short trail in the afternoon and saving the longer hikes for my Saturday excursion.

      Delete
  2. Well, I'm glad your allergies are better although quite frankly I'm wishing a case of hives on you for that terrible joke, GROAN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my defense, all my coworkers at the time (1996-2003) were at least 25+ years older than me and had G-to-PG rated humor. Plus, the bulk of the e-mails that I got were from work addys from companies who were, shall we say, very sheltered from the real world.

      So.....yeah.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.