Monday, April 4, 2022

Episode #117: Home Is Where Your House Is

Decide to finally start my Spring/Summer weekend walking regime this past Saturday {4/2} with a walk around Mill Pond Park as well as checking to see if the public library is finally open, which it is. As you can see, these are our ever loathed Canadian Geese, who I was able to get very close to for this pic. Overall I saw less than 10 geese and ducks that day.

I thought for a radical change of pace, I would give something of a update about the various parts of my life that have been prudently, as well as judiciously, not been touched up for two weeks' worth of Sundays.

  1. The den. This I have briefly touched upon a few weeks ago, but here's where we stand overall. While I did managed to spend about two to three hours boxing my c.d.s as well as hauling the three towers and shelving unit down to the basement, it also took me about a week and a half to sort, reconstruct shelving units, create master lists and put all 663 c.d.s away, with three individual shelves left over. Fun times.
  2. The den, again. While the basement overall is roughly 3%, the truly fun part of decluttering the remaining 97% is now upon us. At the same time I started working on the c.d.'s, I want to Micheal's and bought 9 wooden crates and marked down construction paper so as to properly store my 45s. I also went to Homeless Depot and bought 3 paneling slats and 6 pre-cut two by four/sixes to use as support and bases, respectively. But in order to actually put that stuff away, I have to move out everything from that corner so that I can properly house the 45s. Even more fun times
  3. The den, yet again. In no real particular order of importance, I also have to do the following: empty out three huge tote bins of albums, store said albums in the opposite corner, sort out what I have for used computers, printers, my various manuscripts, repurpose a fifteen foot long toy chest for more storage, sort out all of my personal copies of books, some books for personal use, all of my manuscripts, etc. etc. etc. Have a house play stupid games and force onto you stupid prizes.
Ultimate, I'm giving myself a deadline of the first week of June to get all of this crap done, and I may resurrect my picture blog just to document the before and after of this transition to a mini-man cave.

And now for something completely different (yes, I actually have a two volume set of the complete Monty Python's Flying Circus t.v. series scripts in book form. bought from B&N back when it was a good bookstore chain). Come this October, I are to be a grandfather. I'm quite excited to be one, and I find it interesting that I will be one at the ripe old age of 57.

Man, I is way too young to be a grandparent. But, then again, my oldest and his wife will be in the general area of 30 when they become 1st time parents, which is roughly when we became 1st time parents (27 & 30 respectively, with 2nd time being 36 & 39 respectively). Either way, we is very happy campers.

And finally, we shall address our health. Our health is still maintaining something, just not the status quo. When you have a permanent disease that subtly and gradually over the years, reduces your quality of life, you play the hand dealt to you as best, if not better, as you can. And yes, despite two genetic tests being performed over the past six years, I still have the same M.D. diagnosis {C-M-T} that was given to me originally about 16 years ago. I walk a bit slower now, my balance is a little more off than normal now, and my dexterity has dipped as well {hence now the pen and paper method for writing}.

But, I am still living my life to the fullest that I can. And that, my friends, is the best that one can absolutely hope for. 

Peace out and have a great Monday as well as the rest of your week.


{c} 2022 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

8 comments:

  1. Keep living your life to the fullest!
    Congratulations on being a grandparent soon.
    Homeless Depot - that made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankee!

    Homeless Depot has been my frenemy from time to time, but it beats Lowes by a country mile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gramps, congrats! I bet you'll love being a grandpa -- you can play all your CDs for the new baby and start him/her off with a good musical education!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankee!

      It's kind of strange, to be honest. I'll be only 57 1/2 by the time the great event happens, so being that young is definitely unique.

      I'll have to clear that with Mom & Dad, that's for sure.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your approaching time as a grandfather., G.B. You have so much fun to look forward to. My brother Roy loves it. And my sister Donnie has just become a grandmother. She is so excited. Jax was born on New Year's Day, and Donnie is already heading across the pond for the second time since his birth.

    I'm trying to part with a lot of things. I've gotten rid of a ton, but I may be approaching an irreducible minimum of books, records, CDs, DVDs, maps, letters, diaries, photographs and papers. Good luck as you forge on. It is tough work, physically and emotionally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am really looking forward to being one at such a young age.

      Ultimately, I do some minimal purging, mostly of stuff that was seriously water damaged, thus being very unsalvagable.

      Delete
  5. Well, I had to abort all Deadlines to getting The Purge and completely Moving In done... so good luck with that Goal. Downsizing has become a Lifelong Project for this Season of Life and I may have to become an Immortal to finish... or at least that is what The Heirs are hopeful of since they don't wanna be left to Deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to comment.

      It was really an adventure moving everything back in. From spending money for crates (about $300 in total) to actually searching for and moving what I wanted back into the den, it took me about three weeks or so to get everything done.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.