Monday, November 29, 2021

Episode #103: I'm Still Here And I'm Still Sitting

The picture to the left is to simply and officially notify one and all that the first measly snowstorm has hit Connecticut. Nothing as even remotely severe as the pic, but more like the panic hysteria that the south gets when they see a snowflake.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Anywho, I decided to let everyone know that I'm still alive and butt-surfing the chair of mediocrity. However, since originality is still among the missing in action this year {after all, I'm in the process of doing my 3rd re-write, so originality has gone out the window like the entertainment industry hiring the best actors for a given role}, we decided to mine one of my other blogs, in the case Father Nature's Corner, for extra help.

Now unlike my first blog, Cedar's Mountain, which is chock full of interesting content, it was a bit of a struggled to find something worthwhile to mine with this one. With Father Nature's Corner, I was getting a bit more pessimistic with my blogging. It was during that blog in which I was posting to the dark side {Tumblr} as well, so a lot of my posts have tons of broken links {that is, non-functional due to me nuking that blog when I created this blog a few years ago} and some non-functional videos that apparently violated some archaic YT rule that caused them to vanish.

But I did manage to find a post from early 2016 that contains no broken links and a passing reference to my defunct Tumblr blog. This post covers two topics: movies and food.

Specifically, movies with a food based plot lines, and my now adult daughter's dietary change {carnivore to vegetarian} that's now been going on for over 5 1/2 years now.

Now I actually do like these kind of dramas, as I'm always a sucker for these, whether they be theatrical releases, which is what this old post is about, or a Hallmark movie release, which I really did enjoy back when I used to watch the telly.

So let's enter the Yesterday Machine and head back to the spring of 2016, and let's check out four of my favorite food themed movies. Feel free to add yours in the comments below, as well as your thoughts on the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle {although vegan doesn't apply here since daughter does like some dairy products}.


{c} 2021 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. Total panic when there is a possibility of snow here! Wimps.
    I've not seen any of the four movies you listed. The first one that came to my mind is Chef, about the chef who quits his job and buys a food truck. Really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to keep that one in mind.

      We didn't get anything even remotely related to a dusting. I mean, my jacket got some snowflakes, but that was about it.

      Delete
  2. "butt-surfing the chair of mediocrity"--excellent phrase, GB. I think we can all related, or at least could relate at one or many points in life.

    I never heard of those movies but thank you for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome for the recommendations. Back in the day, my movie viewing was a bit esoteric to say the least.

      I do come up with an interesting phrase every now and again, thank for the compliment and thank for visiting.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.