Sunday, January 31, 2021

Episode #72: Where I Be? I Be Here, There & Nowhere.


Since I was in a good mood at the tail end of my last post, I thought I would continue in that same vein with the posting of pic taken from my 2nd to last real vacation that I took (2009 I believe). 

I mean, who can't help but like a happy yellow frog, right?

Anyways, here is where I currently stand with my latest project.

From the last post until now, I managed to get everything that I wanted to get done with this book done.  I wrote a new table-of-contents; tweaked my bio; tweaked the links on how peeps could follow/find me (yeah, previous version had all kinds of broken links); and added two different samples to the end. The only things left that needs to be done is to make one long document out of everything and covert it all from Google docs to Word.

The samples were important as I want to make this into a print edition as well, and in order to do it, the page count has to be 1} up there (last short book I did, What Is Life?, has roughly 80+ pages) and 2} the size of the book has to be a bit smaller than normal, so that the book can have a spine (thus the need for a minimum page count).

So all that remains of this to get published is 1} purchase a cover and 2} hire a formatter.

Ultimately we're shooting for a late Spring/early Summer publication date. I'm a bit mellower/laid back now, so that may get me a few brownie points with the businesses of choice.

And now, a preview of other potential e-book projects.

Doing the aforementioned e-book rewrite provided just the right kind of motivation/jump-start that I so desperately needed (no writer's block, just lack of proper motivation). I immediately went through what I had stashed on my current USB drive (I have others which will eventually migrate to my current computer) and found two suitable short stories to play with. Also went through my Google Drive and printed out the story that I spent 2020 working on as well.

The current idea that I got percolating is to come out with at least two more short story e-books, which means I will need to find a doable fourth. The three that I do have in the on-deck circle are as follows:

1}What A Day...: this one takes place at home where the MC is telecommuting. Alternate reality with shades of horror/gore. Unpublished 2020.

2} The Grid: This one is basically a public revenge story that unfolds over the course of a few days. Will probably tweak it to an alternate reality of some kind, where two worlds uneasily co-exist. Also unpublished and originally written in 2009.

3} Saturday: This unfolds during the course of a few hours, with the MC running a morning errand to the bank via foot patrol. Definitely takes place in our favorite alternate reality. Writing and blog published in 2009.

While I'm looking forward to get back into the swing of things, I think I'm going to concentrate on the short story thing until I can get back in my comfort zone, then switch back to the novella/novel genres again.

Until next time, always vocalize what you feel and don't let anyone stop you from doing so.

{c} 2021 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. That's a big frog.
    I know several formatters if you need one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is. Took it at the Columbus (OH) Zoo in 2009.

      Thanks for the offer, but I have one that I've been using the past 9+ years. Good prices and I've gotten the occasional price break from being a repeat customer.

      Delete
  2. Glad you're keeping busy, G.B.! Love the frog, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      At the time, the frog was pretty much front and center when you entered the Columbus (OH) Zoo. Not sure if its still there or not, but it was a cool thing to come across.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.