Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Insecure Writer's Support Group: Episode #17

IWSG
Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to the skewered literary world of G.B. Miller, where this fictional place is more real than your current reality.

Today, we have our monthly IWSG post, which seems to be the only way of late that gets me off my ass to blog.

For a change of pace, I thought I would come up with something original to talk about, as opposed to using the very good optional question this month.

My writing.

My writing has ceased to be. Bereft of purpose, it has moved twelve feet under and joined the choir invisible. So one can assume that we are, temporarily, an ex-writer.

While I did manage to crank out about 2k words for a short story that I've been working on for the pat month, by and large, the motivation simply hasn't been there since late 2019. Life, like younger child off to college and older child married has gradually cratered to financial stress, some personal family issues and teleworking/telecommuting for the past three months.

I'm not quite sure if or when I will get back into the writing game again, or even the blogging game for that matter.

So this is my IWSG post for the month. A bit short and none-too-sweet, but it is what it is. Maybe later in June I'll be in a better frame of mine to do some actual blogging and/or writing.

{c} 2020 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. With the news, the pandemic, the weather, and a host of other things, I'm hearing from my writer friends that they do not have the motivation to create. I'm hoping a warm pleasant June will do the trick. Take care and be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Gonna try and hopefully the crazies will start to subside.

      Delete
  2. You had a lot going on before it got really crazy. Just relax. It will come back. It did for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did and still do to a large degree. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.