Sunday, December 15, 2019

I Have Stories To Tell! Episode the 48th: Hiatus

Boy howdy and howdy to the boy who takes no prisoner's and welcome to the skewered literary world of G.B Miller, where it's been a little busy on the homestead this month.

As I mentioned at the outset of my previous post, things in my personal life have taken a turn for for the normal, in that the twin themes of annoyance and motivation (or complete lack thereof)  have now come into play,

Annoyance: things at work are starting to blow up big time. Not so much due to the day-to-day trivialities that encompass my work wee, but more due to the state/office politics of the day.

As Sherlock Holmes has often stated, "The game's afoot!" (I'm probably misquoting here), so the working word of the month is "marginalization", and although I would love to elaborate on this, the blowback received so far with me ranting about this on other socialized media says I should be a bit more stealthier about it, so....I shall for the time being.

Motivation: as you can probably tell, with the almost two week gap between posts, the motivation to blog isn't quite there. I've been concentrating on doing the writing thing during my down time these days, and between that, the upcoming holiday and getting child situated for the 2nd half of the 1st semester of college, the call to blog hasn't been there.

To be perfectly frank, I'm not sure if it'll come back with any kind gusto. After about 10 1/2 years doing this blogging thing, I don't think that there's anything else left to blog about. But, I'm hoping that this blogging break will do the trick and motivate me just enough to get into the blogging ritual again, even it it's on a bi-weekly basis.

So my friends, I wish a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and I hope to see you again in 2020.

{c} 2019 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I hope you do continue blogging so we can stay in touch. I've also blogged for over ten years now and while I've scaled back, I find there are still things for me to say.
    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think I'm suffering some form of blogging burnout right now, so I'm hoping that the Christmas break will be fruitful.

      And you have a Merry Christmas as well.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.