Sunday, May 26, 2019

I Have Stories To Tell! Episode the 26th

Boy howdy and howdy to the girl who knows how to get it done, and welcome to the skewered literary world of G.B. Miller, Where it's hip to be square.

My friends, it's been a very brutal week at work, which in turn has put me in a pretty grim mood going into the weekend.

So today's post will be little shorter than normal.

Tomorrow is my birthday, in which I will be turning 54. Now if you couple that with the fact that I have daughter (18) graduating high school in three weeks, a son (26) getting married in September, and that my wedding anniversary (30) is coming up in two weeks,  I'm feeling mighty, mighty old.

The picture up above is a flashback to a simpler pleasure in life, like decorating a work cubicle with enough personal touches to make it feel like your siting in your den just stylin' and profilin', as opposed to sitting in an office performing mundane tasks to earn your paycheck.

Meh.

I leave you with a video of song by Alabama 3 that the majority of you might be familiar with. The lead singer of the band, Jake Black, passed away last week shortly after a concert. This song kind of matches my somewhat current dark state of mind (not depression, but seriously annoyed with inanities of work).





{c} 2019 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. We're about the same age then. Happy birthday. Can't think of too many upsides to getting older. But still alive is definitely a plus. Find a way to enjoy the day anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankee...I'm doing good today. Family will be coming home soon from camping, so we'll be doing something tonight. Overall, I'll be doing something piecemeal with the rest of my family in the coming week.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.