Sunday, May 5, 2019

I Have Stories To Tell! Episode the 23rd

Boy howdy and howdy to one and all, no matter where you may be on the aggression scale, and welcome to the skewered literary world of G.B. Miller, who just absolutely loves working in all kinds of titles of strange movies that he's enjoyed over the years into his posts {click on the link for a nifty example}.

Did you ever have one of those weeks where you just didn't feel doing any blogging? Unable to come up with a concrete topic to even blog about? Currently feeling like that there couch potato cat staring out at you?

Well then, you came to the right place, because my week was exactly like that preceding paragraph.

Basically, the mantra for me that week was....If I tried to fail and succeeded, which have I done?

But, this is my blog and I must churn out fresh weekly content, no mater what kind yummy Swiss cheese my brain currently is. So, here goes nothing.

I've come to the realization that I miss having my muse involved with my blogging. Way back in the halcyon days of my 1st blog, Cedar's Mountain, I had some truly fascinating conversations play out in a very public fashion with my muse. My muse is mostly an extension of the composite characters that I create for my stories. Should you get the opportunity to read any of my stories, you will swiftly see that there's an undercurrent of Walter Mitty running through the plot lines.

Long story short, I love strong women and Walter Mitty-esque men for my stories, which in turn became great quality cannon fodder for my blog posts of yesteryear. So I'm thinking about working the hot mess of an entity that is my muse back into my blog posts. Because you can never get enough of poking fun at yourself.

On the other hand, this can be an excellent way to showcase a previously unseen side of my writing persona. Not too many people know what makes me fully tick as a writer. Sure, they've seen small bits, tiny pieces and minute parts from time to time {most recently, my thoughtful series on religion showed a previously hidden part of what makes me as writer}, but reintroducing my muse back to my blogging life would be a fantastic, and quite possibly scary, way to peel away another hidden layer of my persona to show the world.

My muse doesn't have a name, but is usually identified with the proper pronoun of She. Kind of like Daniel Craig's character from the movie Layer Cake, in where he's never actually identified by name in the movie or in the closing credits.

As I've previously stated, I miss having my muse being involved with my blogging, and I look forward to working her back into my blogging life. Because you just know, the world indeed does around her, and I'm just along for the ride.

But man, that dog collar has got to go, 'cause I'm no-one's chattel. Except when my muse is involved....

{c} 2019 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Obviously you can't get enough of poking fun at yourself. Or is that your muse doing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little bit of both. I've always enjoyed poking fun at myself, mostly because I have a thick skin and I enjoy writing dry humor (such as it is). I've also found it was easier to have something of a foil, and involving a phantom entity that a lot of creative arts people would have was the perfect being to use.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.