Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Where's This One At?

Boy howdy and howdy to the puny little girly girl that you're crushin' on and welcome to version 3.0 of the blog formerly called "I Are Writer!", now called "I Have Stories!"

Today's post will cover the basic nuts and bolts of this blog, along with the occasional bell & whistle.

Back in 2016, I was going through a mini-blog crisis, in that I was running out of things to write about (after 1500+ posts, this was the reality I was facing). I was also going through a mini-censorship crisis on FB with my book blog (note: never post more than one link per day to your own blog, no matter what you're celebrating), so I decided to create a book blog on Tumblr as a workaround. After doing that, I decided to create a regular blog that would exclusively be about my adventures in writing. I figured, new platform to rehash/redo my adventures in writing, and add in a few side tangents as well.

Fast forward to now.

This blog is basically a continuation of that Tumblr blog, only on the Blogger platform.

The posting pattern will still be the same, which is once a week on Sundays. The post titles may or may not be the same, which is to say that on Tumblr, they were called "I Are Writer!: insert Saturday date" and the content was a basic summary of my writing adventures for the week.

I would often pop in a picture at the top of the post that 99% of the time had absolutely nothing to do with the post and everything to do as a workaround for posting on FB. Sometimes when posting a Tumblr link to FB, FB wouldn't post a two line snippet preview but instead post the generic description of the Tumblr website.

The innuendo-style intros to the post, an example of which is presented to you at the beginning, may or may not stay. One of the (few) good things about Tumblr is that you could get away with saying almost anything provocative, so one of the ways I was able to show off my skewered/twisted sense of humor was to write a short paragraph intro that featured something about a person's sexuality (whatever that may be, 'cause we are very open-minded about things like that) before going off on a weird tangent introducing myself and taking a veiled pot shot at something stupid that I'd read about during the week.

Now, this blog won't solely concentrate on writing, because that would be a very dull blog indeed. I do plan on peppering each weekly post with at least one non-writing related topic. I say "at least" because there have been times, that you can definitely sympathize with, where life simply got in the way of accomplishing anything in the way of writing. So sometimes, my posts would have very little to do with writing and instead have heavy concentrations of everything else.

Now, to get everyone briefly up to speed with G.B. Miller, the writer.

Between 2016 and 2018 I published two more novels, What Is Life? {a thematic short story collection} and the 1st book {The Friendship Has Begun} of a trilogy entitled "The Friendship Trilogy". The majority of my writing related blog posts from that two+ year time period covered the twists, turns, trials and tribulations that I went, and continue to go through, to bring this book and the trilogy to fruition. Most of my recent blog posts have dealt with the current headache that is book #3 of this trilogy. I've already got book #2 in the can, so to speak, so I'm currently trying to get #3 completed for a 2020 publication date.

So to continue on a theme, the bulk of my writing related posts here will continue to focus on that particular trilogy, but at the same time, I will gently try to reintroduce the background dumps that are intricately connected with this trilogy. That way, you the reader won't be totally in the dark when I start giving status updates on my writing.

In a nutshell, this is where I stand with my writing: book #1 of a trilogy published; book #2 waiting for a fifth round of edits before I give it up to a fantastic freelance editor (more on that in later posts); and book #3 going through a very painful and difficult delivery.

I'll finish up this post by using my typical sign off (again, subject to change): As always, you can check out my Blogger archives (which in this case is simply clicking on the link to Father Nature's Corner to find page tabs to my other blogs), check me out on Facebook, or check out my writings on Amazon or Smashwords (again, if you go to Father Nature's Corner, you'll see links on the side).

{c} 2018 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Yep. I'm betting Tumblr will regret their be "G-rated"decision! I have seen much wonderful adult computer artwork posted there. Wonder what will be missing next surf thru there - besides yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of this aggravation stems from the fact that the people who originally wanted to acquire Tumblr, ultimately left Yahoo a few years later. Verizon has it and doesn't really want it nor what to do with it. The rest of this aggravation stems from them having very weak filters because an inappropriate picture somehow made it into their app, so i believe both GooglePlay and ITunes deleted their app.

    Their algorithms are so week that I would guess that any/all of my book covers would be flagged.

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.