Monday, June 6, 2022

Episode #126: Dad Has Only Fluff & Nonsense To Share, He Promises!

I needed my fiber the other day.....so, yeah they were good eats..

A very happy Monday to one and all, and welcome to yet another scintillating episode of I Have Stories, where grammar doesn't matter and syntax is a farce.

The title is simply a new take on the a classic Star Trek episode featuring Harry Mudd, and no, it's not that one with the furballs, with a trope that is often used on a particular YouTube channel to great effect.

For today's post, I thought I would wander around for a bit and touch upon a variety of topics that happened to touch my fancy. So let's see what my touch happens to bring forth.

1} The Hot Mess: I'm making slow but very steady progress with my latest which I've been writing in a most interesting way. I have just started transcribing the first three chapters after a delay of about two weeks while was in the process of switching computers (old computer was expiring, new computer now expires in four years), when I decided that I needed a way to stay busy while listening to baseball (note, if you enjoy baseball but due to circumstances beyond your control, you can't watch/listen to your favorite team, try the MLB app. Monthly audio subscriptions start at $2.99 and it's well worth the investment). So to that end, and because you know I like a challenge, I started writing the next tsunami of chapters at the same time. I'm trying to time it so that I always have at least three chapters at the ready for transcribing to the computer and so far it's working.

2} Blog Memories: Okay, this one sounds weird and once you hear the explanation, you'll still think it's weird. As I've mentioned previously, I originally wrote this thing well over eleven years ago, so while I was perusing the pages and refreshing my memory of what I'd written, I came across a most unusual scene. It was, shall we say, fifteen degrees of the sub-genres attached to kinky. After raising my eyebrow and saying to myself, "What?", which I often do when I come across previously written material and can't remember why I trudged down that particular path, it somehow jogged a memory of a blog post from that time period in which I actually wrote about that same topic and had gotten some lively comments about it. No, I didn't search for it, because sometimes the past needs to stay right there, undisturbed and covered with dust bunnies. But for this story, it will remain. Because, you know, the stranger, the better.

3} The Muse: I haven't talked about my muse much in the past...few....years, which was directly due to the fact that I haven't really done any original writing. She's been basically vacationing all over the Caribbean and Micronesia, and let me tell you, she is more than ready to step back into the action, and after spending all those years saying, "not yet," I can safely speak the only memorable line of dialogue that Steven Seagal ever spoke to my muse: "Now is the time.", because now is when I'll be finally writing original dialogue/scenery/action with this story, and I can't be more pumped to have her finally be part of the process.

4}Blogging: Don't worry, this isn't an announcement about the imminent demise of this blog, but simply a rant/vent about myself to myself for the quality of my blogging dipping a bit. I mean, G.B. normally spends the majority of the week planning/plotting what his post is going to be about, so by the time weekend rolls around, he goes in with both barrels a-blazin'. But no, this week, he just HAD TO HAVE his EYE SHOT this past Thursday (6/2), which of course made him completely wimp out for the rest of the week. So here we are, still waiting for G.B. to write something that nourishes the need to be entertained. Maybe he'll have better luck next week once he gets back into his normal blogging routine.

So folks, always feel free to castigate yourself for a failure to communicate with yourself, because only you know what you've done wrong that was 100% your fault and you have to own up to it.

Have a fantastic week and catch you on the flipside.

{c} 2022 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

9 comments:

  1. Hey, I want my money back!
    There are definitely some blog posts better off left hidden...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of posts that are actually hidden from years gone by that are better left unexplored. And sadly, all sales are kind of final.

      Delete
  2. The Stranger the Better... that should be on a Coffee Cup and always the stuff of Blog Fodder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your originality has perked up considerably mostly due to better test and retirement from aggrivating job... I know mine would.
    My posts used to just write themselves off the cuff, now I am far too burnt out to even think... someday it shall return! So shall yours!
    I do find reading yours very entertaining
    -SnaggleTooth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It has to a certain degree. I don't have my job to use as fodder for my blog posts, so I have to get really creative with them to a certain degree. But yeah, years ago they used to write themselves, now, not so much.

      Delete
  4. I'm impressed you spend all week planning/plotting your post. I look at a blank screen, close my eyes and try to find something to write about. Most of the time I have nothing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I decided to make an effort to really work on my blogging this year, as it's been a bit sporadic for the past few years. So I try to find something during my day-to--day activities to work on and I go from there. So far, it's a very doable thing.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I think he was the only character that made watching the original Star Trek bearable for me in my younger days. It was a show that I sort of got into at certain points, but otherwise it was usually a take it or leave it proposition.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.