Sunday, February 2, 2020

Episode #49: (Sort of) Living The Life

Boy to the howdy and welcome to the skewered world of G.B. Miller, where all is not what it should be, and what should be is not we had expected it to be.

My month of January has been pretty much like that picture of Little Nemo there: Sushied and oh-so-too-many-calories.

Things have slowly been stabilizing at work, so I'm starting to feel more comfortably in turning my thoughts back to writing.  Or to be more specific, blogging.

I've slowly been exploring my new Chrome notebook, and I've been pleasantly surprised on how easy it's been to work with. Haven't done much exploring with Google docs yet, but I have discovered that so far as I can tell, I can't get any of my flash drives to work on the computer yet. I'll have to spend some time meandering through the help forums to see what I can come up with for viable workarounds.

But, back to the writing aspect of life.

Been goofing on FB in small short spurts (about 20 minutes in length), since that's about as much as I can tolerate there, mostly by writing short puffy posts to work my back into the groove.

For example, been going through a brutal allergy attack for the past week or so (wife got an early b'day present of Mr. Cuddles, rabbit), and on Monday, went to the ER to get things temporarily squared away. So yesterday, I wrote this funny little quip about my visit.

How to murder a Monday.
1) Call out sick due to allergies beating your candy-ass into the ground. 
2) Have your candy-ass become progressively worse until it's peanut brittle. 
3) Have said brittle puff itself up and say, "Yo! To the den of iniquity you need to go and get thyself healed!" 
4) With trepidation, went to said den of iniquity {aka Hospital of Central Connecticut} and spent a lovely 3 hours at the ER to get the drugs needed to snuff out the shortness of breath, the Grand Coulee Dam of mucus in the head and the Thor hammer-style cough that was destroying my rib cage. 
And no, we won't finish up with The Boomtown Rats. Instead, we leave you with "Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?)"

Managed to work in a few pop culture/musical/American history references and got a few comments about it. And yes, after a three hour visit, we came home with enough pharmaceuticals to hold us over until we can set up an appoint with an allergist.

Sometimes to make any kind of progress, you have to take a couple of baby steps.

{c} 2020 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had to shoot your Monday all to heck like that. Was it the new rabbit or something else?
    Good to see you back here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New rabbit was the apparent trigger. I've long been allergic to pet dander (going on 40+ years) and always been able to survive each allergy season. This time, though, we spent a pleasant 3 hours in my favorite ER (I save favorite because I've normally been able to get out of there in under 1 1/2 hours) and went to work the next day pretty much an NFU.

      Delete

Lay it on me, because unlike others, I can handle it.